The Indian government’s department of animal husbandry and dairying launched an Android app e-Gopala in September 2020 that provides real time information for better productivity of dairy animals. The app is available on Google Play Store.
Main features of e-Gopala are:
PASHU POSHAN (ANIMAL NUTRITION)
- Helps farmers to formulate balanced ration for dairy animals using available feed ingredients for optimising feed costs, increasing productivity and reproductive performance of animals.
- Previously formulated rations can be accessed and compared with optimal solution.
- Demo videos are also available for ready reference.
AYURVEDIC (ETHNO) VETERINARY MEDICINE
- To guide farmers on management of nearly 29 common ailments of dairy animals e.g., mastitis, indigestion and diarrhoea etc. using Ethno-Veterinary Medicine (EVM).
- Ingredients of EVM are easily available at farmers’ doorstep and cost effective.
- This section also contains videos in various languages on disease management procedures through EVM.
- Provides digital platform for buying/selling of dairy animals.
- Information on source of quality semen doses available for various breeds of cows and buffaloes.
- Contact details for availability of IVF embryos and sex-sorted semen.
MY PASHU AADHAAR
- Provides details on animals of individual farmer, registered in the Information Network for Animal Productivity and Health (INAPH) system.
- Provides real-time information on breeding, nutrition and health of their animals.
- Timely alerts on due date for vaccination, pregnancy diagnosis, calving etc.
- Information about various schemes on dairying and animal husbandry.
- Farmers can directly connect to NDDB Call Centre (Pashumitra – 7574835051) for their queries on animal health, nutrition and breeding.
- Registered farmers can view their profile in e-Gopala at one click.
e-Gopala app can be downloaded from Google Play Store
To download in Hindi and Punjabi, please click below: